Our top tips if you are thinking of selling. As part of our service we are willing to be your ‘house doctor’ in order to help you maximise your selling price.
- If you are thinking of putting your house on the market, even if you think it is in pristine condition, give us a call (or email). We will give you honest, straight forward advice. We may have suggestions for repairs or small improvements that could help you sell your house for the best possible price.
- Maintain your lawn, garden, and shrubs. Keep the lawn watered and plant some flowers.
- If you have a beautiful perennial garden or a herb garden that keeps coming back each spring, dig out those proud photos and put them in an album for prospective buyers to look at. In the winter, people may have a hard time visualizing what the garden will look like during the growing season.
- Take a step back and look at the front of the property including the garden. First impressions are crucial, as is the front photo, it is the first thing people will see on the internet and in the flesh.
- Make sure all the paperwork for the property is in order and easily accessible. The faster a sale goes through the less chance there is of it falling apart.
- Evaluate what your house looks like as you step in through the door. Does it look crowded or cluttered? Does it look like nobody lives there? Can people see past the “you” in the room and see the room itself?
- Clean every room in the house thoroughly and get rid of the clutter and excess furniture. You could have the carpets and curtains professionally cleaned. Put things in a storage locker if you have a lot of stuff. You’ll make the rooms look bigger and brighter.
- Make small fixes: touch up interior paint. Fix dripping taps, and maybe update the knobs and handles on the kitchen cabinets. If a room really needs it, give it a new coat of paint in a neutral colour. Have broken or cracked windows repaired or replaced. Wash the windows inside and out.
- Clean the mildew out of your shower and touch up the grout.
- Line up a professional cleaning service to come in while your house is on the market so you are always ready for short-notice calls seeking to set up viewings.
A highly experienced Estate Agent with over 16 years working in the Vale of Evesham and the Cotswolds. Joe is an enthusiastic photographer with a keen eye for details and an excellent salesman with a passion for all things property. He has sold literally hundreds of properties so yours will be in safe hands and he will strive to get the best possible price for your property.